Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Yeah, I kinda feel like that.
Actually, no matter how bad I feel, I'm still glad I'm not Manchester Black.
Bother. I'm working on a couple of longer posts, but today I had to deal with some real world issues; meaning problems that couldn't be punched, Superboy-reality-punched, or defeated by the proper combination of mutant powers. Ah, the real world sucks.

The Youngest is two years old, but doesn't talk; and so is going to need a batch of speech and occupational therapy. Right now, I don't think he has any major problems like autism, but he isn't as developed as he should be in some areas. The Wife and I are kicking ourselves a bit, because we felt he would talk and whatnot when he was ready, and he needed the help earlier. Also, and I'm probably worse on this, Youngest hasn't had a lot of motivation to learn words, when squawking to dad gets him his sippy-cup lickety-quick.

I'm sure that kid is going to be fine, after a lot of work; but it is scary. All this week he'll be in tests and sessions: when I came home today, he was just getting up after a longer nap, worn out from being examined. The Wife, the Boy, and myself have been talking to him, asking him questions, trying to get him to point things out and make words. I'm scared even though I'm positive he's fine. But hell, I had some speech therapy in grade school, and me words good now use. (Actually, I think I couldn't say my 'L' sounds, if I remember correctly.)

So, I didn't get a real comics post done today. Yet, anyway, although I don't know if I'm going to keep hacking away at it or go to bed. Also, the drafts I'm finishing up seem a little gloomier than usual, looking at the current state of my comics buying today, and wondering if that's reflective of a trend. Also, I'm not noting credits for today's panel, since I'll be coming back to this comic; which, if you're a toy purchaser, you may recognize. More later, and until then, stay well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, sorry about the family stress. We had a growth scare with our daughter when she was a wee thing. Not as in her height, as in an actual growth on the saide of her head.

Maybe one day, Youngest will look at your wife and say "Mom, the toast's burnt".