Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Thank god we have briefings, J'onn, I have no idea who these guys are.
Oh, you're pulling my leg, J'onn.  'Geo-Force,' really.
Of course, now I'm sad that in ten years someone will look at a briefing scene with Blue Beetle, Rocket Red, Elongated Man, and Ice; and make the same joke.
'Every time'?  Why would you try that more than once?
Anyway, this issue isn't as good as JLQ #3, but little in this life is. It's also a rare Vertigo crossover: Rebis from the Doom Patrol, although I don't know who was writing it at the time...From Justice League Quarterly #5, "Be Careful What You Wish For!" Written by Mark Waid, pencils by Mike McKone, inks by Andrew Pepoy.

I'm not going to go all into this one, but it does feature Guy Gardner and Blue Beetle hanging out and having fun, Ice using Guy's Green Lantern ring better than he does (in some ways), and what probably should've been the last appearance of Professor Ivo, although I'm sure that was later ignored.

Bonus: Since Brad Meltzer seems to be the only one that really likes him (or at least, likes him on the Justice League), here's a creepy out-of-context Geo-Force panel:
Um...
Actually, it seemed a little off in-context, too...

2 comments:

SallyP said...

Well, that was fun. God, I miss the old JLI. That Justice League Quarterly issue was a hoot. For once, Ice gets to save the day.

I know that Guy is obnoxios, but Geo Force is really much much worse.

Anonymous said...

I loved that issue of JLQ for some reason.