Thursday, July 26, 2007

I'm probably more excited for the Simpsons movie than most people.Why is Homer eating in the baby's closet?  Oh, like you don't.
Every year when the family and I go up to Glacier, we try to go to the drive-in theatre in Columbia Falls, MT. Usually I luck out and it turns out to be showing movies I want to see; but this year it was Evan Almighty and Knocked Up. Fie. Evan Almighty, like Bruce Almighty before it, was preachy and annoying and actually made me even more godless than I already was. Also, didn't God previously promise somewhere to never flood the earth again?

Knocked Up was funny, but like the Forty-Year Old Virgin, nowhere near as pants-wettingly hilarious as everyone seems to make it out to be. That's probably more due to my taste than anything, and that as someone who's been in a similar spot earlier in my life, an accidental pregnancy is nowhere near that funny or endearing.

There was an amusing moment at the drive-in: they had some mechanical difficulties, and it took an extra hour to get the movie started. If I had been waiting for a movie I had wanted to see, I probably would've rioted. As it was, I could just sit there, bemused, and watch the rioting...OK, the honking. I'm hard-pressed to think of a way to start a riot in Montana.

My hopes for the Simpsons' Movie? Almost unrealisticly high, and I'm going this weekend.

From Simpson Comics #103, "Anchormom" Story by Ian Boothby, pencils by Phil Ortiz, inks by Mike DeCarlo. I don't buy the Simpsons comic every month, yet I almost always enjoy it when I do. What's up with that?

No comments: