Monday, October 22, 2007

And now, deleted scenes from Ed Brubaker's Uncanny X-Men: Fall and Rise of the Shi'ar Empire:

The sad thing is, if Ed Brubaker had written this scene, it probably would've been awesome.

OK, it's not really. But during the year long storyline, every time something happened back on earth, in other Marvel comics; I kept thinking Xavier and his crew were in for a big surprise when they returned. Then half of them didn't come back...


I actually reused panels. Wally Wood was right!
I started writing this, or at least the general idea, way back when; so I'm playing pretty loose with the continuity--just like real Marvel! All of the events alluded to on the messages are vaguely concurrent, or close enough for our purposes. I did want to have a long tangential message from Spider-Man, thanking the Professor for not revealing his secret; but I couldn't quite get it to work.

Another joke that missed the cut, for some reason: Rouge, nattering on about how her team of X-Men was going to be the bestest ever, and how no one would ever betray her...when she started with what, Mystique, Sabertooth, Lady Mastermind, and a Sentinel?

I'm having entirely too much fun with these. Hopefully next week: The One Problem with Grant Morrison's JLA...if I can find a Total Justice Superman figure.




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was cute. It gave me a good chuckle. I'm not sure which one of these two is the straight man, but they've got a good routine going in any case.

SallyP said...

More, more! This was hilarious. And quite frankly, made more sense than most of the X-comics that I've picked up lately.

zhinxy said...

hee hee!

Wait... YOU HAVE ONE PROBLEM WITH THE BEST JLA RUN EVAH!!! BLASPHEMER! I'm taking you off my blogroll! *cries* ;)

Marc Burkhardt said...

Keep this going and you'll be just as famous as that "I'm A Marvel, I'm A DC" guy!!!