Thursday, October 18, 2007

Roughly translated, "Book eats your head."
I know I wanna be Ash, but I don't know if the Wife wants to be Cherry Darling.
Last week, I got the S-Mart Ash figure from Hot Topic--overpriced, I know, but I wasn't going to find it anywhere else. He's on top of the TV in the living room, valiantly trying to get some sugar from Planet Terror's Cherry. (Unfortunately, so far the light on the cart and the tip of Cherry's machine gun leg have both broken, since neither balanced really well.)

Finding Ash was a good excuse to watch Army of Darkness again: it was on regular TV a couple of months ago, and the Oldest and I watched it then. My archaic, sketchy VCR copy has the occasional swear; but probably nothing that kid doesn't hear on a daily basis...um, from his mom.

The Youngest was with us, having a cup of milk; until the scene where Ash finds three Necronomicons. When the fake book bit Ash, then started flapping around, Youngest's upper lip started to tremble, then he started to cry. "Book," he said tearfully. He doesn't talk a lot, so that might have been worth it, and he didn't mind a hug there either. Apparently, the Youngest is aware of his surroundings not enough to interact, but enough to be traumatized. Yay.

The Youngest got his autism diagnosis last week. This week, he's been drooling, bubbling spit out of his mouth, when he's been stressed; and he has been holding things with his fists instead of his fingers. The Wife and I are thankful he's not as bad off as he could be, but I'm worried he could be getting worse. Luckily, he doesn't appear to be scared of books now, though; and I went to his therapy today and he didn't do too badly.
I'm a giant...
In more cheerful news, I picked up the Real Gear Transformer, High Score 100, today. OAFE.net had a good write-up on him, and it's not the first time they've sold me on something. High Score could have been a hair bigger, though, since he makes my dainty little paws look like ham hocks.
Among giants.
Of course, he looked kinda small in the Oldest's mitts too. I should've tried for a photo with the Youngest, but that probably would've involved more chasing and a higher shutter speed than I was prepared for right now.
Just stopping by to tell you to knock off that 'Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A' crap.Then, while transforming High Score back and forth, my mind started wandering: Was he one of those Transformers that grew into a giant robot, then shrank in his alt-mode like Megatron; or was High Score only the size of a controller? What did he sound like? I imagined like a kung-fu master, only one that tried to teach lessons using Elevator Action and Rolling Thunder. And would he be really comfortable if you played games on him? I don't know that I'd be comfortable with that...that probably says more about me than I'd like.

No comments: