Friday, February 10, 2012

Geez, don't oversell his entrance, Johnny.


I hate this time of year: between getting up early for work, and the gloomy weather, I've been sleeping a ton. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, and I'm sure I'll be back to sleeping eight hours a night (or less) before too long. I'm sure it would help if I replaced my coffee maker at work, and started drinking a gallon of coffee a day again...But, I reread Infinity War and Infinity Crusade again last week, and my sleep habits reminded me of Sleepwalker. If I was his host, Sleepwalker would be a full-time hero...

I think I had only read Sleepwalker a time or two, but he's yet another character I'd probably buy a Marvel Legends version of, given a chance. (And Darkhawk as well, for that matter.) I know he appeared in Ms. Marvel some time back, with his human host a somewhat-reluctant member of her superhero strike team, only helpful when he fell asleep.

From Infinity Crusade #5, "Holy War!" Written by Jim Starlin, pencils by Ron Lim, inks by Al Milgrom. Earth's heroes still unaffected by the Goddess attack her sanctuary, coming into conflict with the "Faithful." (I had forgotten Daredevil was one of those swayed by the Goddess; and that he was in this part of the Infinity Trilogy.) For the most part, they're all pawns moving around the board...

1 comment:

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

I actually have very fond memories thes times and the whole Infinity Trilogy. Unfotunately it hasn't held up that well over time, but hey, to each his own.