Friday, June 29, 2012

Obamacare, Schobamacare.


Some helpful advice for a good weekend from Bruce Campbell and the comic adaptation of My Name is Bruce; script by Milton Freewater, Jr; based on a screenplay by Mark Verheiden, art by Cliff Richards.

My Name is Bruce isn't Mr. Campbell's best film, but it's still a lot of fun. When a small Oregon town is threatened by a demon, a fanboy orchestrates the kidnapping of his idol, Bruce Campbell, to fight the monster. Campbell, playing himself as a self-important lout, plays along since he thinks it's a birthday gag; until he realizes the monster is real. Will Bruce man up and defeat the monster? Against his will and better judgment, probably.
Got this issue for ninety-nine cents a week or two back (three months ago...) need to keep an eye out for the DVD now. I know I saw it on SyFy...back when it was SciFi, now that I think about it. Where does the time go? (For that matter, I wrote this post, with the same dumb title, some time ago, but kept rescheduling it. I wish I could say this was planned...)


1 comment:

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

I love that quote at the top of the post. That pretty much in a nutshell sums up how it should be.

The My name is Bruce plot actually sounds pretty entertaining. I'm sure variations of it have already been done, but go Bruce! My 1st exposure to Bruce Campbell was a little show in FOX back in the day called "The Adventures of Brisco County Jr." Idk why I liked the show, other than Bruce and the casts's acting and storylines, as I wasn't a big western fan back then, and still ain't. Good show. Of course then I discovered the Evil Dead movies, and his appearance in the 1st Sam Rami Spider-Man flick. Loved those one-liners. Lastly, idk about you, but I started getting into Burn Notice, and he fucking rocks there.