Monday, September 17, 2012

What's on Batman's Mind?

CBR had the DC December solicits up Monday afternoon, and I noticed Greg Capullo's cover for Batman #15. Noticed, maybe not liked. I get what he's going for, but I think it doesn't quite get there: Batman's got the Joker on the brain, yeah, yeah. But the Joker's cramped pose is uncharacteristic and weird. You're trying to show that Batman's steel trap of a mind is obsessing over how to stop the Joker's latest scheme; not the Joker taking a squat in Batman's head...

On the other hand, I think DC knows full well what they're doing with this cover, because I'll be surprised if I'm the first to do this; it's Instant Meme!
Are you tired, baby? 'Cause you been running through my mind all day! (Catwoman image from here!) Ugh, I'm about as smooth as a velcro carpet, sorry.

Where's that damn Alfred with my dinner?

Here's a template, try your own! It was really hard to keep them clean, though...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

oh,it's so funny,I like Batman~~

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

True, keeping it clean for the kids, especially for me, is pretty hard. Thanks or putting that template up, as I now have something new to play with:)

And yes, The Joker does look like's he struggling to take/leave a dump:)