Friday, March 01, 2013

Q: A Book, an Action Figure, and Some DVDS.


A: No, not three forms of dead media! It's my junk from this week, most of which arrived on the same day...really made the rest of the week's mail a letdown, tell you what.

GoHastings.com had a Presidents' Day sale that was pretty solid: Mike Mignola and Christopher Golden's Joe Golem and the Drowning City, Star Trek: First Contact, and The Batman: The Complete Fifth Season; all for under $12. I'm about halfway through Joe Golem and really enjoying it; and had forgotten the 2004-2008 The Batman series was pretty good, and the last year was mostly team-ups. It was also, of course, completely overshadowed by Batman: the Animated Series before it and Batman: Brave and the Bold after it; but it was still worth seeing. And it has possibly my favorite version of the Penguin ever...

Then, direct from China, a loose New 52 DC Unlimited Batman! Which I bought off eBay about a day and a half before finally seeing them in stores. I'm still debating that New 52 Superman, but would probably get that new Hawkman: I don't think that redesign came off great in the comics, but should look nice as a figure. Maybe. Have a good weekend!

1 comment:

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

Oddly enough, the more I think about it, I kinda have to eat my words on that Hawkman figure. It's so weird because that design shouldn't work at all, yet the figure actually doesn't look that bad. My store has both hawkbro and that Superman, but the superman one just looks kinda retarded in the face. I'd rather have Hawkman I guess.