Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Luke and Icarius, BFF's.


Sometimes, the simple act of buying two figures on the same day is enough to link them in my mind. Like these two! The new Star Wars Black series Luke Skywalker and the 2011 Masters of the Universe Classics Icarius, or Flipshot.

Luke is in six-inch scale, but more normally proportioned than a super-hero action figure, so he seems more slight. And then compared to Icarius, who's on a He-Man style body, well...

I think Luke will probably be OK, though.

I'm pretty definitely going to cherry-pick on the Star Wars Black figures, but so far? Great! He's going to be a strong contender for figure of the year on a lot of people's lists, and while I don't know if Hasbro is going to get deep into the roster--like every creature in the cantina or anything--I think the 6-inch line is going to do well. I really want to dig up those old Force Battler figures I have, but I suspect the Chewbacca and the Darth Vader will just tower over this Luke. (I really like those figures, too.)

Bonus: that last picture, so Luke could be reasonably close to Adora's height: he's standing on my DVD remote.

1 comment:

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

Cool figures! Idk why, maybe it's me, but that Icarius figure reminds me of that 80's cartoon The Centurions.

Cool though.
LOL at Luke getting the girl. That's how it usually goes...must be that hayseed charm eh Goo;)?