Tuesday, August 20, 2013

That Batman '66 figure set may not be worth it...


...without an Ambush Bug figure to go in the window. (Cover from 1990's Secret Origins #48 by Kevin Maguire and Al Gordon.)

I haven't seen the Batman '66 Batman and Robin wall climb set, or the Batmobile; but I did watch the video reviews over at Pixel Dan's. (I don't usually watch video reviews, but saw these over at It's All True and had a minute at home.) Best guess: the set and the Batmobile are OK, if not pretty good figures, perhaps a bit overpriced since Mattel knows they can get a bit more for this license; but a lot of fans are still going to be disappointed because they've been waiting decades for toys of this Batman, and they're mass-market good, not like Hot Toys good. I'm still looking forward to them, though; but I don't think Batman and Robin will be as good as another highly anticipated figure I got last week, that we'll see tomorrow...

Oh, and if you see Secret Origins #48, grab it. Keith Giffen and Robert Fleming's Ambush Bug 'origin' would be worth it alone, but there's also Stanley and His Monster, Rex the Wonder Dog, and the Trigger Twins! The series was winding down at this point--can't have Batman's origin every month--so they seemed to take the opportunity to use characters that were a little less mainstream.


1 comment:

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

Oh, well then you already know the paint job on the faces of both batman and robin figures is atrocious according to one of the IAT reviewers. Vault I think?

He likes the Riddler one though, even though he says the face looks kinda like Matthew Lillard;)

I'll have to someday to a toysRus not near me in order to find these figures myself....