Friday, April 25, 2014

Have I even read any comics this week?


Caught up on a couple episodes of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D....not much else. I did finish Enemies and Allies from Kevin J. Anderson. It's a Superman/Batman novel and a period piece, set in the 1950's. I don't think I realized the latter when I ordered this.

I did like the chapters where Bruce Wayne realizes Lex Luthor has bribed or blackmailed the entire board of directors of Wayne Enterprises; and after digging up the dirt on the directors, Bruce lets the worthless playboy act drop a bit. He also has them slip Luthor fake, doctored blueprints and plans; so when Luthor steals them to build himself, the equipment won't work. Which nearly results in nuclear holocaust, but that's not on Bruce...Anderson admits a minor cheat: Luthor works on some fear-mongering with Senator Joe McCarthy, who was dead before the launch of Sputnik. But he's such a well-known douchebag, even if you're barely familiar with American history, Anderson wanted to sneak him in.

Still in training this week, but maybe I'll get some actual comics read this weekend!

1 comment:

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

Sounds like a very interesting premise actually. Good deal.