Friday, July 01, 2016

This doesn't really work, so don't get too excited...


We're mostly taking the day off here, partly because I'm woefully unprepared, and partly because it's a million degrees in my house right now. I've been forced into the room with air conditioning, away from my stuff. Most of my stuff.

I did get the Marvel Legends Black Panther, Nick Fury, Nuke, and Red Guardian this week. Will I crack on the almost completely redundant Cap and a slightly new Iron Man, in order to build Giant-Man? Seems unlikely today, but stranger things. All I've had time to do so far with those figures is pop them open and swap the heads around a bit: the Nick Fury head is currently on the ML Steve Rogers body...and I like that better. The gloves sell it, maybe?

That Black Panther head doesn't fit on the S.H.I.E.L.D. agent body either; I know there's probably a little rhyme and reason for which heads can go on which bodies, but it would have been fun if the neck had been a standard ball-joint for swapping. I didn't work the Panther head too much, maybe you could cram it on, but I wouldn't recommend it. The Red Skull head is just flopping around up there; a shame, since it reminded me of an old Cap/Fury favorite, "This Deadly Gauntlet!"

Oh, and the Dirk Anger head? So great.

1 comment:

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

LOVE IT!!!! I've seen the Super Soldier with new Nick head idea before, so I might go that route too, since I don't have another new Nick figure. Dirk's got the buck for now.